Offsite meeting on ensuring accessibility for disabled people and other reduced mobility groups of the population on regional transport infrastructure facilities: inspection of Kazan international airport
The interdepartmental commission, including representatives of the Office of the President of the Russian Federation, the Office of the Government of the Russian Federation, the Prosecutor General's Office of Russia, the Ministry of Labor of Russia, Rostransnadzor, other supervisory authorities, as well as public organizations of the disabled people, visited Kazan international airport named after Gabdulla Tukai as part of the regular offsite meeting on ensuring accessibility for disabled people of regional transport infrastructure facilities.
At the Kazan airport to the services of disabled people and other low-mobility groups of the population:
• a specialized waiting point equipped with an information terminal with a touch panel and a Braille keyboard, which supports video communication with an airport help desk employee;
• sound informants with motion sensors;
• certified department for passengers with reduced mobility.
• call buttons for the employee of the department for reduced mobility passengers;
• an induction loop in the check-in and waiting areas of Terminal 1, which allows a person with hearing disabilities to comfortably communicate with airport staff, as well as perceive audio messages from the airport's broadcast network;
• additional tactile warning indicators with an anti-slip surface, as well as paving slabs made of polymer-sand material resistant to numerous external factors;
• contrasting tactile stripes on the edge steps of staircases, for signaling and anti-slip functions;
• playground for guide dogs;
• sanitary facilities with appropriate equipment;
• lowered check-in desks;
• ambulifts for passengers with reduced mobility for boarding to the aircraft;
• official website of the airport www.kazan.aero in a special version for people with visual disabilities;
The members of the commission highly appreciated the projects implemented by the airport administration aimed at improving the accessibility of the terminal building for the disabled and other reduced mobility groups of the population, as well as the quality of services provided to these categories of citizens at the Kazan international airport.
"Kazan airport traditionally demonstrates high rates of adaptability to the needs of people with disabilities in the transport sector of the Volga Federal District. I would like to note that the company's management takes an active part in the implementation of the Affordable Environment program and is aware of all social responsibility," said Deputy Minister of Transport and Road Management of the Republic of Tatarstan Airat Sadykov.